Catalogue Code: 710442
Release Date: 19 Sep 2011
The recordings on this album span both spectrums of Laurel & Hardy's career - a recording made in London in 1932 when the duo were at the height of their fame, through to their only American television appearance, on This Is Your Life in 1954. There is also a recording made by Stan Laurel at his home in 1959, barely two years after the death of Oliver Hardy.
1. Hal Roach - MGM present Laurel & Hardy. Part 1. Recorded Aug 18, 1932 in London.
2. The Marriage of Stan Laurel. A radio broadcast excerpt with Laurel & Hardy, Patsy Moran. Donald McBride.
3. The Life and Times Of Stan Laurel - in his own words. Recorded in his home, Jan 1959
4. Hal Roach - MGM present Laurel & Hardy. Part 2. Recorded August 18, 1932 in London. Includes a dance version of their theme song, "The Dance Of The Cuckoos", conducted by Van Phillips.
5. This Is Your Life. c. December, 1954. NBC-TV (audio) aircheck. With Ralph Edwards.